Monday, April 23, 2007

One Artist Date

I've been going for the low-cost artist dates. This is from last night's artist date that involved me, a sketch pad, and some aged watercolors. Uhm. It's a mountain, just in case that wasn't clear. I've titled it, "The Mountain." I just painted what I wanted and didn't really judge the result. :)

Other successful artist dates: The 97 Cent Store (twice), Staples (once), the Salvation Army (three times), Goodwill (once), the creek (three times), and one session with play-doh. I suppose the point is that they tend to be low-cost things that I want to do, and enjoy, rather than what I "should" do to be a better artist.

3 comments:

Femminista said...

Thanks for posting your pic!

I'm impressed. I've never attempted water color or sketching, but there is a whole box of art stuff that I bought Al one birthday, and it hasn't been touched. Maybe I should get it all out and play.

Thanks for being a muse.

Ms. Theologian said...

I think we should keep posting the results of artist dates...or at least summaries. I find it really hard to do those consistently.

Femminista said...

Yes! My intention is to report what I plan to do and then also reporting that I have done it. Thereby making me accountable.