Sunday, April 22, 2007

Setting Out

So I've begun.

I've just read the first chapter, an introduction, and I must admit that my Skeptic is lustily bellowing all kinds of warnings.

As I read this first chapter, there are two ideas I note:

  • "the tools of Vein of Gold will be more deeply felt, and therefore more deeply resisted, than the tools of The Artist's Way."* (p. 5)


  • "Art is made through a series of moments--choices--leading each to the next. Life is made in the same way." (p. 12)
I also note that Cameron suggests time to be spent in each "kingdom", but I do not know if I'll be able to hold myself to a schedule. She suggests four weeks in the first kingdom and two weeks in all the others. That's a sixteen-week journey--but I expect I'll take longer.


*Cameron's editor has not been consistent on the use of "the" in the titles of her books. Sometimes the titles include the definite article; sometimes they don't. Perhaps it depends on which edition...?

1 comment:

Ms. Theologian said...

I haven't received the book yet, but I'm looking forward to reading your posts. :)