Monday, May 21, 2007

My morning walk

Or, as some puppy owners call it, "walkies."

I finally remembered to take the camera on our regular 6:30 am morning walk.

Unfortunately, it was overcast this morning--unusual for New Mexico--and so isn't as pretty as most days.

We start from our driveway and go up a wooded mountain path.

This is high desert, so the conifer woods are also prickly-pear woods and yucca woods.

We encounter rocks to climb, then a logging road and The View.



This ugly metal barn-like thing is what's behind me as I look at The View. (Not so lovely.)

Then back down the hill to home. About a 25-minute walk.

4 comments:

Ms. Theologian said...

It's very lovely (all except the shed). :) And what of the pup? What does he think of it?

Femminista said...

He is VERY into the walks. he also thinks the moutian is hispersoal toilet--not a bad thing....

This Girl Remembers said...

What a lovely walk! I live in such an urban area that to get to any sort of natural space I have to drive. I really miss living right up against the woods.

Ms. Theologian said...

I saw "The Queen" last night, and she used the word, "walkies." Very cute!