Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Artist Date Goes Bad

Well, here's an artist's date that did not go so well: my husband* and I decided to go to the Huntington on a free day. The Huntington is a great museum with libraries and fantastic gardens in Pasadena. It's $15 per adult, so we don't go frequently. But, boy, oh, boy, was the free day crowded. I cannot tell you how much bumping and shoving there was in the pursuit of art. Roughly half of Los Angeles seemed to be there.

When we arrived, we wanted to get some lunch and ended up in a "cafe" with equal parts wheelchairs, walkers, strollers, screaming babies, and screaming adults. It was madness, I tell you! Madness.

I'm posting this as a non-exemplar, so if you have an artist's date that goes bad, you don't feel so dysfunctional. :)

*I do know that artist dates are supposed to be conducted alone. Sometimes I break that rule.

No comments: